All right guys, maybe someone can cite a detail I was unaware of, but this is driving me nuts here.
Because unless I'm missing something, Inyouchuu Etsu puts down some specific requirements to make the plot work, and then doesn't actually follow those rules. I was thinking about this a while ago, but since my current fanfic directly plays with this stuff, now I can't stop thinking about it.
Isn't the point of a Hamiko sacrifice to create a hybrid creature from both demon and human roots, thus making it capable of saving Yamato (a hybrid himself) from being taken over by his demon side?
... Because unless the game does the H scenes differently from the OVA, they literally don't do that. The monsters that are assigned to Mikoto and Takeru (the giant wasp monster and the bird thing) reproduce asexually, planting eggs and then fertilizing them on their own. And the slimes assigned to Yuu just mix together... in a way that's not anatomically possible without absolutely destroying her inside but I guess that's just par for the course around here.
So all three of the girls are just being surrogates for Demon x Demon reproductions (or demon selfcest actually?). Which, if I'm understanding the logic, makes the resulting creatures not qualified to do what the girls sacrificed their dignity for, but for some reason it still works?
Spoilers for how this relates to Faraway Town Exorcism Record:
Click to Toggle Spoiler
In the first chapter, Aubrey gets tentacle raped (with implied oviposition) in a hijacked dream, after which Nightmare has his way with her. This results in her waking up pregnant with a demon larva, which eventually grows into an intelligent and large-ish fluffy insect creature that she names Bug-Bug.
Fast forward to the plan to save the town from the demons. The Black Cats are informed that to put Sunny and friends on a level playing field with Nightmare's dream world will require the product of a Hamiko sacrifice, not unlike what's set up in Etsu. Aubrey points out that she already gave birth to a demon - Bug-Bug - and they all assume this is good enough.
Gradually, we are given hints about demon biology that explain, but of course the problem there is that Bug-Bug was conceived with an egg implanted by the tentacles and fertilized by Nightmare, making it a Demon x Demon reproduction. Which we are told, in canon, will produce a small and weak result.
As you can all imagine, this ultimately leads to Aubrey, Mari, and Basil living the "Inyouchuu The Animation" experience at the very least. (Most of it is left to the reader's imagination, so you're welcome to fill in the blanks as you wish.)
So I'm basically wondering... did I actually adhere to Etsu's rules better than Etsu itself?